[arch-general] Help with wav files

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Sat Jun 16 21:57:15 UTC 2018

Jun 16 2018, pete via arch-general has written:
> is there a command
> line utility that i can give the start and finish positions and it wil
> do the cutting and saving for me  as i hope this will be simpler and
> quicker
Hi Pete,
there are several. Sox. see man sox and search for trim (use / to
search). There are several ways trim can be used. The manpage gives
examples. More detailed info possibly in
man soxeffect
Ecasound:
ecasound -i input.wav -y:start_time -o output.wav -t:running_time
possibly more...

HTH.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

I'm so curious, what do you think of me <3
(Britney Spears)