[arch-general] Best way to customize PS1

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 07:35:43 UTC 2018

Op di 19 jun. 2018 08:05 schreef Matthias Bodenbinder <
matthias at bodenbinder.de>:

> Hi,
>
> with the last update of bash I realized that it overwrites
> /etc/bash.bashrc without .pacsave or .pacnew.

I think you (or $tool_you_used) removed the .pacsave or you hit some
pacman/$tool bug;
/etc/bash.bashrc is in the backupline of the PKGBUILD and has been for a
long time at least.

Anyway, just restore the file from your backup and/or version control
system.

Don't have one of those yet? Welcome to the wonderful world of system
administration ;).

Mvg, Guus Snijders