[arch-general] Upgrade to Linux 4.17.2 & xorg-server 1.20.0-8 breaks left-mouse in remote Linux desktops

Radu rpralea at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 14:14:50 UTC 2018

I'm running Arch in VBox under Windows and I'm getting similar behavior
since I've upgraded xorg-server, xorg-server-common, libinput. I had
updated the kernel in a previous step and I don't remember seeing this
behavior after upgrading just the kernel (and not xorg-server).
I've logged lipinput generated events and they seem ok (all mouse activity
is captured by the kernel/libinput driver). However, testing the xorg
events (xev) seems consistent with X behavior: no events comming to X from
libinp.
Another thing: my keyboard input also got stuck for a couple of times.
Therefore, maybe we should log a xorg-server bug?

P.S.: One partial workaround (making the left-click work): find a
region/window where the right-click works and right-click. After that you
have a chance of getting the left-click working for a limited (single?)
left-click event.