[arch-general] Upgrade to Linux 4.17.2 & xorg-server 1.20.0-8 breaks left-mouse in remote Linux desktops

Big Husky bighuskysf at outlook.com
Wed Jun 20 18:51:11 UTC 2018

For me I downgraded just the kernel back to 4.16 and the  mouse is back behaving normally. This is in Virtualbox on MacOS. The first left click worked to launch either the launch menu or one of the pinned programs. After that the mouse pointer would move but no more left click would work.

Big

From: Radu via arch-general<mailto:arch-general at archlinux.org>

I'm running Arch in VBox under Windows and I'm getting similar behavior
since I've upgraded xorg-server, xorg-server-common, libinput. I had
updated the kernel in a previous step and I don't remember seeing this
behavior after upgrading just the kernel (and not xorg-server).
I've logged lipinput generated events and they seem ok (all mouse activity
is captured by the kernel/libinput driver). However, testing the xorg
events (xev) seems consistent with X behavior: no events comming to X from
libinp.
Another thing: my keyboard input also got stuck for a couple of times.
Therefore, maybe we should log a xorg-server bug?

P.S.: One partial workaround (making the left-click work): find a
region/window where the right-click works and right-click. After that you
have a chance of getting the left-click working for a limited (single?)
left-click event.