[arch-general] systemd --user enable: Failed to connect to bus: No such file or directory

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Sat Jun 30 11:48:24 UTC 2018

Hi Bjoern,

> > Are you truly logged in as this second user for whom it does not
> > work, or just su(1)'d, etc?
>
> Erm, just used "sudo -u user2 -s" to login as user2. I assumed
> spawning an own zsh as user2 would do the right thing.

It doesn't here.  As UID 1000 logged into an XFCE desktop via lightdm,
none of these spring `systemctl status user at 1001.service' into life
since 1001's last `seat' log in on tty7.

    sudo -u user2 -s
    su - user2
    sudo -i -u user2

> > My guess is there's a user.service running for the user ID where it
> > works, and not for the other one.  Examine the output of «systemctl
> > status 'user@*.service'» for dbus-daemon and differences between the
> > two users.
>
> user.service and user.slice are running for both users.

Maybe that contains dregs from when they were last logged in on a seat?
What about the `Examine... for dbus-daemon and differences between the
two users' above?

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy