[arch-general] systemd --user enable: Failed to connect to bus: No such file or directory

Tinu Weber takeya at bluewin.ch
Sat Jun 30 11:55:18 UTC 2018

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 13:34:11 +0200, Bjoern Franke wrote:
> > Are you truly logged in as this second user for whom it does not work,
> > or just su(1)'d, etc?
>
> Erm, just used "sudo -u user2 -s" to login as user2. I assumed spawning
> an own zsh as user2 would do the right thing.

-s only spawns a regular shell as the user; to get a login shell, it's
`sudo -i`.

That being said, from what I've experienced, sudo on its own (be it with
-s or -i) is not sufficient to control user sessions (I don't know dbus
well enough to explain why, though). What I usually do is:

    sudo machinectl --uid user2 shell .host