[arch-general] Arch Linux on MacBookPro13,3

Christoph Gysin christoph.gysin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 07:28:08 UTC 2018

I'm running arch on a MacbookPro13,1.

There used to be a really annoying bug with the NVMe controller, that
would delay bootup by up to 2 minutes. Luckily that has been fixed in
4.15.2 or so. The only feature I'm really missing is working
suspend/resume (wifi works on the 13,1). With kernel 4.16, bluetooth
will work out of the box on the 13,3 (13,1 still needs a small patch
currently).

For out-of-tree drivers, there are AUR packages:
webcam: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/bcwc-pcie-git/
keyboard/touchpad: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/macbook12-spi-driver-dkms/

Both are working on getting them into mainline.

--
echo mailto: NOSPAM !#$.'<*>'|sed 's. ..'|tr "<*> !#:2" org at fr33z3