[arch-general] OpenRA / Mono exceptions

Levente Polyak anthraxx at archlinux.org
Fri Mar 2 12:07:14 UTC 2018

On March 2, 2018 12:38:33 PM GMT+01:00, Dan Haworth <dan at xigen.co.uk> wrote:
>On 02/03/18 11:17, Alajos Odoyle wrote:
>> On 2018-03-02 11:38, Dan Haworth wrote:
>>>
>>> I had the same issue, seems to be related to the following bug
>>> https://github.com/mono/mono/issues/6752. I downgraded ncurses to
>6.0
>>> to get things going again.
>>>
>>> --dan
>>
>> Thanks, that was quick! I also had to install libtinfo5 (AUR) and
>> symlink /usr/lib/libtinfo.so.5 to /usr/lib/libtinfo.so.6 (I guess
>> alternatively rebuilding Mono or something could work). Cheers!
>
>I play a LOT of OpenRA ;)
>
>Glad it solved your issue!
>
>--dan

That's literally an incredibly stupid idea. Symlink /usr/lib/libtinfo.so.5 to /usr/lib/libtinfo.so.6 does not magically make it compatible for both, it is ABI incompatible that's the whole point of a soname bump. Anything linking to libtinfo.so.6 may now be broken in one or the other way. never ever overwrite existing versioned so libs with any other version.