[arch-general] OpenRA / Mono exceptions

Alajos Odoyle alajos.odoyle at pskx.net
Sat Mar 3 16:56:52 UTC 2018

On 2018-03-02 13:07, Levente Polyak via arch-general wrote:

> That's literally an incredibly stupid idea. Symlink /usr/lib/libtinfo.so.5 to /usr/lib/libtinfo.so.6 does not magically make it compatible for both, it is ABI incompatible that's the whole point of a soname bump. Anything linking to libtinfo.so.6 may now be broken in one or the other way. never ever overwrite existing versioned so libs with any other version.

It will do until the fix made it into the Arch Linux Mono package. The
reason for this message was to let people know that I had no issues
applying this hack *so far*. People can decide for themselves if they
want to do it quick and dirty or not-so-quick and properly (the latter
which I referred to as "rebuilding Mono or something"). Calling the idea
"incredibly stupid" is just unnecessary.