[arch-general] Why no git --depth=1 option for makepkg?

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun Mar 4 15:51:21 UTC 2018

On 03/04/2018 10:37 AM, ProgAndy wrote:
> Maybe a working option would be to implement fragmant variables for some
> git options like depth, shallow-exclude and shallow-since, but that is
> likely not trivial.
>
> source=("one::git+https://repo.git#branch=master:shallow-exclude=v4.14"
> "two::git+https://repo.git#branch=master:shallow-since=2017-12-30")

That would require opt-in support for every package to describe which
commits it needs, something which the vast majority of maintainers are
uninterested in and requires successively more query strings for each
branch you want to cherry-pick from.

Also shallow-exclude would exclude the tag itself, you cannot specify
"v${pkgver}~1" to shallow-exclude.

As you say, not trivial. ;) I've thought about it too...

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User