[arch-general] Keyboard issue with kernel 4.15.5 (possible Arch issue?)

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Mar 14 04:41:51 UTC 2018

As a real-time audio user, too, be sure, I'm as well using a PS/2
keyboard. A PS/2 keyboard should work. However, from time to time it
could happen, that the keyboard's lock LEDs start blinking during
startup and startup doesn't finish, but the messages don't show a
kernel panic or something keyboard related. If this happens, I just
need to reset the computer, a second startup always worked for me.
assuming your keyboard should be broken, they still sell brand new
native PS/2 keyboards in all price ranges. Due to the USB keyboard
issues PS/2 keyboards are seemingly much more important to gamers, than
for real-time audio users.

Btw. "core" provides 4.15.8. I already upgraded to 4.15.8 early Monday
morning and FWIW I skipped 4.15.5 and upgraded from 4.15.4-1 to
4.15.6-1, so I don't know if something is fishy with 4.15.5.

pacman -Q linux{,-rt{,-securityink,-pussytoes,-cornflower}}|cut -d\  -f2
4.15.8-1
4.14.24_rt19-1
4.14.20_rt17-1
4.14.8_rt9-2