[arch-general] mandb - numerous parse failures on run (parallel, fribidi, numactl, pcre2, netpbm, etc..)

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Mar 14 23:55:39 UTC 2018

All,

  Working though the cleaning from the crash during 4.15.8 update, I came
across a number of man page problems which I thought were limited to the box
that crashed -- however, checking, they affect all my Arch boxes.

  mandb will ultimately clean them, but I'm curious, is it just me, or does
this affect the distro in general. All my boxes are initial install 2016 or
earlier. Running

  # mandb --test

will disclose the errors, running mandb alone seems to fix them. In addition
to those listed in the title, the following are also showing errors:

  emacs, gnuplot, inkscape, mjpegtools, cyrus-sasl and several others

  Is this just something that is expected over time?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.