[arch-general] scsi_mod.use_blk_mq (revisited)

Randy DuCharme radio.ad5gb at gmail.com
Fri May 11 04:57:43 UTC 2018

Greetings again,

I've been continuing to fool with this.  I'm hoping someone smarter than I
can shed a little more light on it.  Here's what I've discovered since my
last post.....

It seems that on my system, it takes more than the allowed 10 seconds for
the disks to appear.  I removed "quiet" from my boot command line and it
timed out looking for UUID=xxxx..... .  So I looked for it and it
definitely was not there.  None of the sdXx devices were.  I looked again,
and yet again (ls /dev/sd*) and after about the 3rd or 4th attempt they
showed up.  So then, I mounted /dev/sdc3 to /new_root/, typed 'exit' and
after a warning about possibly failing to run as a user instance, it booted.

Any clues as to why this occurs?  I'm trying to find a way to increase the
pre-boot disk probe timer if possible.  So far, all I've found are tips
about speeding up the boot process, not slowing it down.

Many thanks in advance.

--
Randall DuCharme (Radio AD5GB)
Powered entirely by Open Source software.