[arch-general] Arch, blk-mq and megaraid_sas
radio.ad5gb at gmail.com
Wed May 23 01:34:23 UTC 2018
I'm still fooling around with this problem (scsi_mod.use_blk_mq=y fails to
boot) but made *some* progress. I've found that it takes about 20-25
seconds after it dumps me into an emergency shell for the disk device nodes
to show up, but when they do I can mount the root slice to /new_root, exit,
and it boots and runs fine with blk-mq enabled.
The thing is, it finds my root drive, which is attached to the first SATA
port as /dev/sdcX, putting the 2 arrays I have on the controller as
/dev/sda1 and /dev/sdb1 and no amount of BIOS fiddling seems to help.
(board's an ASUS Crosshair-V Formula-Z) I've even disabled the controller
as a boot candidate in CMOS and this behavior still exists.
To further confound me; for grins I set up RHEL-7.5 on another drive and
for some reason I don't understand, it finds the first SATA drive as
/dev/sdaX. Is there some way to force Arch to do the same. I'm rather
curious if that'll solve the boot issue I'm experiencing with this system.
Randall DuCharme (Radio AD5GB)
Powered entirely by Open Source software.
More information about the arch-general