[arch-general] Where can I 'setterm -blank 5 -powerdown 6' as part of the boot process/systemd startup?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat May 26 02:41:06 UTC 2018

All,

  /sys/module/kernel/parameters/consoleblank is set to 0 by default in a
change that occurred a while back. Since then, the normal text console will no
longer blank or powerdown leaving your monitor on 24/7. This affects a couple
of Arch servers I have. Since then I have just been turning the monitors off.

  Where in the boot/systemd startup can I call setterm to re-enable to normal
console blank and powerdown? Remotely I can call:

 # TERM=linux setterm -blank 5 -powerdown 6 >/dev/tty0 </dev/tty0

to enable blank and powerdown post-boot, but I simply want to set this to be
the default. Where best to set this?

(passing the kernel parameter 'consoleblank=300' does not enable powerdown, so
both must be set)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.