[arch-general] Updating linux-lts initcpios... error: command failed to execute correctly

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Wed Nov 7 15:06:37 UTC 2018

Hi Eli,

> $ pacman -Qo /usr/lib/initcpio/
> /usr/lib/initcpio/ is owned by archiso 39-1

Thanks, it hadn't occurred to me to use -Qo on a directory before.

> Well, the log only contains a copy of the output from the hook which
> you can look up after the fact, so it definitely won't have *more*
> input.

Understood.  I was thinking along the lines of how a ./configure writes
to an agreed file descriptor other than stdout/stderr for more verbose
detail, that kind of thing, but there weren't extra messages to record
anyway given below suggests it's a SIGPIPE.  Would the exit status of
the hook have reflected that signal by being 128+13?

Okay.  https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/60735

> This looks like it is another occurrence of
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/60396

It's very likely.  I know I did maximise the X terminal part-way through
pacman's run to unwrap lines.

> To test...

I'll skip that, sorry.  Way behind with life as it is at the moment.
I've looked at the bug report and the patch and it seems sound.

> > And after that, is attempting another build of the image as simple
> > as `/usr/bin/mkinitcpio -p linux-lts' as root?

I did this and it seems to have gone well.

Thanks for the prompt answers.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy