[arch-general] Updating linux-lts initcpios... error: command failed to execute correctly

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Thu Nov 8 17:25:13 UTC 2018

Hi Eli,

> > Not in my case as I've previously done a `pacman -Syuw' during `free
> > bandwidth' hours, thanks to cron.  Later on, when I'm at the
> > keyboard and it's a convenient time for breakage, I upgrade to
> > what's already been downloaded manually and definitely don't want
> > `-y'.  :-)
>
> That's dangerous because you could forget and run pacman -S pkgname.

AIUI, if I did then the version of pkgname it would try to download to
install would be that snap-shotted when cron ran `pacman -Syuw'.  And
that's a problem because that version might not be available for
download any more if a later one has been made available?  Similarly,
with packages pkgname depends on.  Is there another problem I don't
know?

I actually tend to: sudo -i at 1:23 <<<'pacman -Syw pkgname' as it's
normally not urgent.

Can an attempt to fetch an old, now missing, package still occur even
with `pacman -Sy pkgname' because the remote database has been altered,
and old versions removed, between the -y's refresh and fetching a long
list of packages?

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy