[arch-general] NetBeans 9.0 not a drop-in replacement of 8.2

Leandro Papi demolitions at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 10:38:11 UTC 2018

Hello,
I'm not sure if this has to be brought up here, please advise.

I have had many problems with netbeans package from community, it
"upgraded" my old version of the package (was version 8.2), but it is
not an adequate replacement.

I'm aware of the bugs open in the tracker, and I thank everyone that
provided workarounds to get the IDE working at first, then finally
installing plugins correctly.

However, the "new" version isn't complete yet, it lacks many of the
"core" plugins that were available for 8.2, for example PHP (postponed
to netbeans 10), JavaScript and C++ language support.

I'm wondering what the correct procedure is in this case, if it were a
commercial product,it would have reverted to 8.2 until it was ready.
I don't have issues using it, I'm keeping it downgraded to 8.2,
ignored in pacman.conf, I'm only asking if this is the correct
approach for a repository package, since this is not AUR.

Thanks,
Leandro
--
L'ignoranza è un male curabile, è sufficiente la volontà.

Please don't print this e-mail if you don't need to!