[arch-general] NetBeans 9.0 not a drop-in replacement of 8.2

Danila Kiver danila.kiver at mail.ru
Mon Nov 12 17:04:32 UTC 2018

Agree, NB 9.0 is a complete headache and probably should not be considered
an *upgrade* from 8.2. Even upcoming NB 10.0 does not seem to solve
all the migration issues.

Maybe Apache Netbeans (9.0 and higher) has to be distributed as a different
package ("apache-netbeans"), conflicting with old "netbeans" package?

This way would allow manual upgrade (by installing "apache-netbeans")
from old good NB 8.0 to Apache NB when it will be good enough to replace it.

Regards,
Danila Kiver.