[arch-general] Reboot-less Computers

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Sun Oct 28 21:31:36 UTC 2018

Em outubro 28, 2018 18:23 Jayesh Badwaik via arch-general escreveu:

> Thank you. What are the opinions about kexec? The wiki says
> " Note that kexec may not work correctly for you due to devices not fully re-
> initializing when using this method, however this is rarely the case. "
>
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Kexec

kexec should work just fine on recent hardware. I think the last time I used it,
I had one issue with nvidia, but having bbswitch fixed it. Keep in mind that kexec
is a soft-soft reboot, so, it's not like you're not rebooting the machine. And, in
some cases it might be faster and safer to actually reboot the machine.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini