[arch-general] [off-list] update today causes avantfax_hourly cron: Exec format error?

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Sat Sep 1 16:01:00 UTC 2018

On Sat, Sep 01, 2018 at 03:31:15PM +0100, Jonathon Fernyhough <jonathon at manjaro.org> wrote:
> While I've had my own run-ins while getting to grips with "the Arch
> approach" (for want of a better phrase), I'd never resort to making
> personal attacks, via a mailing list or otherwise.
>
> Taking your own advice, wouldn't it be easier for you to ignore these posts?
>
> Or possibly even better - why don't you provide the help you think is
> needed, in a way which meets your expectations of how this help should
> be provided?
>
> "Model good practice" instead of "do as I say, not as I do"? That way
> your input might be seen as a little more constructive.

All very good points. Let's think a bit more about what we post here and
not let emotions run wild. If you are emotional, feel free to wait a day
before sending the mail. We don't deal with issues that require
immediate reactions here.

However, this thread appears so have outlived its usefulness. After
internal discussion I've put the list of moderation for now. Any further
replies to this thread will not get through. The moderation will be
removed once I feel like everyone got the message (likely a few days).

Thanks for continuing to try to make this a better list!

Florian