[arch-general] [off-list] update today causes avantfax_hourly cron: Exec format error?

Jonathon Fernyhough jonathon at manjaro.org
Sat Sep 1 14:31:15 UTC 2018

On 01/09/2018 13:17, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that you have got a "archlinux.org" email address. I
> struggled with myself and then decided to send a copy of Eli's email
> off-list to you.
>
> I received a _signed_ message off-list from Eli. FWIW I never was banned
> from any community. Seemingly I'm important enough to Eli to write
> this off-list email. The most important sentence of his off-list email
> IMO is "I care more about Arch than I do about myself...". A Claim
> like this, in combination with fantasies about intelligence and
> standards is psychopathologic.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

While I've had my own run-ins while getting to grips with "the Arch
approach" (for want of a better phrase), I'd never resort to making
personal attacks, via a mailing list or otherwise.

Taking your own advice, wouldn't it be easier for you to ignore these posts?

Or possibly even better - why don't you provide the help you think is
needed, in a way which meets your expectations of how this help should
be provided?

"Model good practice" instead of "do as I say, not as I do"? That way
your input might be seen as a little more constructive.