[arch-general] AppArmor support

Filipe Laíns lains at archlinux.org
Sun Sep 9 14:04:48 UTC 2018

On Sun, 2018-09-09 at 13:42 +0000, Gus wrote:
> I know such request was rejected here
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/59733
> recently, but still AppArmor doesn't need linking with libraries and
> doesn't
> require as much userland support as SELinux, so it will not hurt to
> have
> one
> option enabled in kernel, right?

Hey Gus,

I'm sorry but I'm not the maintainer :/. You'll need to talk to them
again. If you think the closure of the bug was wrong I suggest to send
a mail to the mailing list explaining this.

Why don't you use linux-hardened instead? It's up-to-date and has both
options enabled (AppArmor and SELinux).

I feel that it's the biggest issue. We already have a kernel with both
options enabled so there's no point on also adding them in the main
one, given that those option require a lot of userspace support. Do you
have relevant reason why you don't want to use linux-hardened? If so,
that would probably change some things.

Thanks,
Filipe Laíns
3DCE 51D6 0930 EBA4 7858 BA41 46F6 33CB B0EB 4BF2