[arch-general] AppArmor support

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Sun Sep 9 20:19:37 UTC 2018

On September 9, 2018 10:00:03 PM GMT+02:00, Leonid Isaev via arch-general <arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
>On Sun, Sep 09, 2018 at 02:53:04PM -0400, Eli Schwartz via arch-general
>wrote:
>> Heftig retracted his initial willingness to enable apparmor because
>he
>> did not think it useful enough without the userland tools. It wasn't
>> rejected because we hate the idea or consider it not Arch-like... it
>was
>> rejected because on its own, it could be considered
>not-important-enough
>> to warrant enabling.
>
>FWIW, I actually agree with #59733: CONFIG_AUDIT=n was blocking
>AppArmor
>adoption... Perhaps relevant:
>https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2017/08/msg00090.html .
>
>But I have a question: why was AUDIT enabled in the first place? I
>thought it
>was cosidered useless?
>
>Cheers,
>L.

FYI,
I'm currently working on bringing the user space tools to [community], but the rule sets will require testing and possibly we'll even have to have our own set shipped with the package.

I'll let you know asap.

As a side note: As Eli already pointed out there is no need for personal attacks because of a discussion on this topic. We'll try to make this ship sail, but it needs time (and testing).

Best,
David
--
https://sleepmap.de