[arch-general] How to have multiple JDKs parallel?

Levente Polyak anthraxx at archlinux.org
Mon Sep 17 17:07:01 UTC 2018

On 9/17/18 6:27 PM, Doug Newgard via arch-general wrote:

> Going forward with the new release policies, would it be better to just have an
> openjdk/openjre package that's always the latest version, then versioned
> packages for the lts releases, such as they are?

This is exactly what will happen when java-11 is released, a generic
named java package will replace java-10.

Don't think there will be LTS releases anymore, but we will have
versioned variants whenever some breaking changes require a specific jre
for an application in our repositories.

cheers,
Levente