[arch-general] MariaDB package version

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at yandex.ru
Thu Sep 27 13:29:25 UTC 2018

Hello,
** leoutation at gmx.fr [2018-09-27 13:04:53 +0200]:

> On 9/26/18 9:55 PM, Eli Schwartz via arch-general wrote:
>> On 9/26/18 3:31 PM, Kevin Dodd via arch-general wrote:
>>> I recently noticed Arch Linux's mariadb package is still on the 10.1
>>> release series, even though upstream has considered the 10.2 and 10.3
>>> release series to be "stable" for at least 4 months. Arch is usually so
>>> good about keeping everything up-to-date, so I am curious what the
>>> reason for this is. Something to do with compatibility?
>>
>> https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2017-September/044255.html
>>
>> If you have further news, feel free to share. :)
>>
> Mariadb 10.2 and 10.3 are available in all distro except Arch
> https://downloads.mariadb.org/mariadb/repositories/#mirror=cnrs

I'm sorry but you are wrong! See
https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=mariadb&searchon=names&suite=cosmic&section=all
(cosmic is not released even!)
https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=mariadb&searchon=names&suite=unstable&section=all
(and this is unstable!)
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/mariadb/commits/el6
(el6, centos 6)
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/mariadb/commits/f27
(10.2.17)
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/mariadb/commits/f28
(10.2.17)
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/mariadb/commits/f29
(10.3.9, next release, not released yet).

And why you are refering to mariadb.org site? Do they provide distro
packages on distro official mirrors? If I understand that site correctly
this is not official repositories (except Archlinux, they just give
usual receipt how to install package).

Nobody stops you to build mariadb package locally (I do that for some
packages).

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Deliberate provocation of mystical experience, particularly by LSD and related
hallucinogens, in contrast to spontaneous visionary experiences, entails