[arch-general] MariaDB package version

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Sep 29 00:30:23 UTC 2018

On 09/27/2018 08:57 AM, ProgAndy wrote:
> I have a fourth option if the symlinks cause problems.
>
> (iv) Ship mariadb with libmariadb only and provide an
>      additional libmysqlclient package that contains a
>      compiled copy of the real libmysqlclient.

Only thought there is that would erase the "Drop in Replacement" selling point
for mariadb/mysql (see:
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/mariadb-vs-mysql-compatibility/).

>From a practical standpoint, as long as the package dependencies in all
PKGBUILDs needing the new package were updated, it's not a bad way to go, if
there is objection to simply building and including both in the libmariadb
package.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.