[arch-general] steam-native can't find libpcre.so.3, breaks embedded browser

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Thu Apr 4 13:39:49 UTC 2019

Em abril 4, 2019 0:25 Alexandre Oliveira via arch-general escreveu:
> It seems like the steam-native package is broken as of March 21,
> according to this bug report[1].
>
> Installing libselinux and pcre seems to fix the issue. I don't know if
> it's a good idea to write about it here, but I'd like to get this patch
> mainstreamed, instead of having to install another package to workaround
> this bug.
>
> [1]
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/62095?project=5&string=steam-native-runtime

Hi Alexandre,

As I have just commented on the bug, I cannot reproduce this bug. And I use steam on an
almost daily basis.

It looks like it's a bug on upstream steam and does not affect all users. Even though we
can patch things on occasion to fix broken packages, we tend to wait for upstream fixes
if the issue is not critical or a fix already exists.

Also, the patch you referred to, is not an actual patch, just a package that creates an
ugly fix, by creating a symlink to libpcre. That's not the right way to fix this issue.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini