[arch-general] boot from install medium - mounting additional partition refused

Florian Wehner florian at whnr.de
Tue Apr 9 23:11:41 UTC 2019

Hi Friedrich,

not a solution but an option: Try building your own ArchISO. More below.

> As there is space left on the medium I created one more partition to load or
> save stuff from the system booted.

I had a similar situation where I wanted `Borg` (my backup executable) and some `pass` encrypted passwords on my recovery disk.

I ended up building my own ISO. Which was a nice winter weekend evening project and a lot easier than I thought.

Here’s the wiki page: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Archiso

—Florian