[arch-general] Problems compiling big projects from AUR
julien at mail.upb.de
Fri Apr 12 10:07:35 UTC 2019
even after my recent hardware upgrade I still notice issues compiling big AUR
packages from github, like aws-sdk-cpp-git or mysql. This does not happen when
cloning the git repository without AUR and compile using the package's build
I notice that the AUR compile seems to go quicker. I know that I had the make
option -j 4 turned on a while ago, but switched it off again.
The thing that happens is for the AUR build process to swap massive amounts of
data, grinding the system almost to a halt and finally failing without much of
a reason. Nothing typically source code or linkage related.
My system has 4GB of RAM and 4GB of swap, with a swapiness of 10.
* Website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound
* SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/jeanette_c
* Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMS4rfGrTwz8W7jhC1Jnv7g
* GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeanette_c_s
E-mail my heart and say our love will never die... <3
More information about the arch-general