[arch-general] Sound card marked as unavailable in pulseaudio

Caleb Allen caleb.e.allen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 20:26:32 UTC 2019

Do you have the Realtek ALC1150 sound card?

Not sure it's the same issue, but I've spent many, many hours trying
to get my built-in sound working. Broke I think on 4.20, although I
can't say for sure it's a kernel issue.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1357723
https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/494624

Here are some forum posts I found, marginally related to my issue.
It's unbelievably frustrating to yield zero results for the hours I've
put into this problem. I don't know if it's BIOS or what, I even
booted back into Windows and even then it seems audio-out is broken.

Bluetooth audio works for me though, as does audio in via USB microphones.

Is this similar?

Caleb Allen