[arch-general] dbeaver and mariadb-jdbc: Creating the symlink.

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Sun Apr 21 17:43:17 UTC 2019

Hi,

I've installed dbeaver 6.0.1-1, plus mariadb-jdbc 2.4.1-1 from AUR.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/JDBC_and_MySQL#Installing_JDBC says
to then symlink mariadb-java-client.jar so it's picked up as part of the
JVM's JRE, but /usr/lib/jvm/default-runtime/jre/lib/ext doesn't exist.

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=241666 looks like a similar
problem and although it's marked solved, it isn't really as the AUR
package was ditched in favour of Maven.

What's the right Java solution to combine these two things?  I don't
mind running dbeaver with an environment variable or two so the JVM
spots /usr/share/java/mariadb-jdbc/mariadb-java-client.jar.

--
Cheers, Ralph.