[arch-general] rkhunter found possible rootkit

Oliver Jaksch arch-general at com-in.de
Tue Aug 20 06:33:45 UTC 2019

I let rkhunter running around once a week. There were nothing since many
months. But today it's report complains about */lib64/libkeyutils.so.1.9* and
therefore other tools they're (seems to be) using this SO.

The SO matches the one from 'core/keyutils 1.6.1-1' in size and hash.
I've uploaded the SO to some "we scan it all" AV sites, but none of them found
anything.

Should I/we be worried? Anything else I can do? Or is this a false alarm and
the warnings are somewhat okay because of the package's nature ("Linux Key
Management Utilities")?