[arch-general] Arch Linux meetup at CCCamp19 22nd of August

Morten Linderud foxboron at archlinux.org
Thu Aug 29 13:38:02 UTC 2019

Yo!

Thought it'd just summarize short how the event went. The reserved time was 2
hours, but we wound up roughly using 1 hour. The first 30 minutes was spent with
me and Jelle holding an talk each. After some questions after each we talk we
help a Q&A with the team members present. We had around 50-60 people attending
the event.

This was: Jelle, Alad, coderobe, shibumi, David, kpcyrd and me.

The questions was some technical, like hardening kernel configs, security like
protection of gpg keys and such, and some social, how is Arch able to stay
afloat with no foundation and no commercial backing. Some followup questions to
the talks where also taken.

After the ended Q&A we shared some stickers and some attendees stayed behind and
asked some more questions. We promptly went out of the workshop tent and had
some great whisky at a nearby event :)

All in all a nice and smooth meetup.

# Presentation Links

Jelles presentation: https://pkgbuild.com/~jelle/arch-contributing/#1
My presentation: https://pkgbuild.com/~foxboron/talks/arch-repro/archtalk.html#1

The presentation jelle used to refference some numbers during one of the
questions.
https://pkgbuild.com/~jelle/fifteenyearsofarch/#1

(I should probably also stop cross-posting this)

--
Morten Linderud
PGP: 9C02FF419FECBE16