[arch-general] Firefox "stalling" behaviour

Paul Hart mail at paulhart.ca
Mon Dec 9 20:42:15 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'd really like to use the Firefox browser (currently using Iridium), but
I'm seeing a strange behavior where it "stalls" intermittently. The
rendering engine seems to randomly pause activity (i.e. not responsive to
scrolling input), and these pauses can last for several seconds. It also
appears to affect video playback.

I haven't knowingly done anything with my user settings that would cause
this to happen; I have a few add-ons, but they should all be well-behaved
(1PasswordX, Facebook Container, Multi-account Container, uBlock Origin).

Has anyone seen this and figured out a solution?

Thanks,

Paul