[arch-general] Removal of libdmx breaks dependency of x11vnc

Andreas Radke andyrtr at archlinux.org
Fri Dec 20 13:55:32 UTC 2019

Am Fri, 20 Dec 2019 12:43:46 +0100
schrieb Sefa Eyeoglu via arch-general <arch-general at archlinux.org>:

> Hey there,
>
> I just upgraded and noticed that libdmx was removed. After also
> uninstalling the package I noticed, that x11vnc was depending on it.
> Which now means, that you can't install x11vnc now.
>
> The removal of this package was discussed in a thread three days ago
> ("remove obsolete Xorg components ?").
>
> Kind regards,
>

> Sefa Eyeoglu
> Free Software Developer
> scrumplex.net[1]
>

> --------
> [1] https://scrumplex.net

x11vnc depends on xorg-xdpyinfo. That one has been fixed and
doesn't depend anymore on libdmx. x11vnc should keep working. If it was
linking to libdmx file a bug report to rebuild the package.

https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/commit/trunk?h=packages/xorg-xdpyinfo&id=63a049668ccb1f38c52dc6fe252d099197eb70c4

-Andy