[arch-general] HDMI audio input - HDMI microphone

Neven Sajko nsajko at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 15:48:04 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am designing a digital microphone that should send PCM (LPCM) data
to a PC, and I am new to electronics.

My first thought for the connection type to interface with the PC was
of course USB, but then I figured that HDMI is an alternative more
suited to digital audio data, and maybe simpler to work with.

But how to get at audio data through HDMI on a Linux system, if it is
even possible? I do not mind writing a kernel module if it would not
be too complicated.

My CPU is i5-8300H with Intel® UHD Graphics 630.

Regards,
Nsajko