[arch-general] [Xfce] Notification area tooltips gone

Murari murari.ksr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 20:09:21 UTC 2019

Hi all,

For some months now, the icons in my notification area haven't been showing
me tooltips. I don't quite know when this started, but I do remember that
this was working before. I get tooltips for all my launchers in the panel,
but neither the Power Manager system tray icon nor the NetworkManager
applet show any tooltips on mouseover. FWIW, ~/.gtkrc-2.0 has
'gtk-enable-tooltips=1'.

Is there a setting somewhere that has changed, or is this a bug I should
file with XFCE?

Best,

Murari