[arch-general] Request to remove an invalid header from the python-pillow package

Antony Lee anntzer.lee at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 15:51:20 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I have reported in https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/57492 (nearly a year
ago) that python-pillow installs an invalid header in
/usr/include/python3.7m/raqm.h, which 1) upstream clearly did not intend to
be packaged, and 2) prevents the building of Python extensions modules that
actually want to use libraqm (because /usr/include/python3.7m/raqm.h
shadows /usr/include/raqm.h).

Unfortunately, the report has seen no activity since last April, even
though I proposed a (simple) fix for it (add `rm
"$pkgdir/usr/include/python$_py3basever/raqm.h"` to
package_python-pillow()).  Is there anything I can do to get it fixed?

Thanks,

Antony