[arch-general] How to name a package for the drm-openchrome tree?

Jonathon Fernyhough jonathon at manjaro.org
Sun Jun 16 20:21:52 UTC 2019

On 16/06/2019 21:12, Marc Ranolfi via arch-general wrote:
> I think it's also possible to have only one package (and two config files
> 'config.i686' and 'config.x86_64'). But I don't know if that is good
> practice.

This is definitely possible and the approach Manjaro currently uses for
`arch=(i686 x86_64)` kernels. I think it's based on the same approach as
Arch kernels prior to the drop of i686 support.

Personally I'd prefer that approach over architecture-specific packages
(and which is kind of the point of the `arch` array).

As to whether it's current good practice; I'll defer to an Arch dev for
that.