[arch-general] How long do you make the passphrase for the private key?

Manuel Reimer mail+archgeneral at m-reimer.de
Mon Jun 24 15:02:57 UTC 2019

Hello,

I want to publish a package repository with some packages that I need
and only want to build once for all my systems.

I want to make the packages available for general use. I have server
space for that so I only have to rsync my final repo to my server after
compiling my packages.

I have my autobuild set up and signing seems to work, too.

For convenience, I decided to make the passphrase not too long.

I have 10 characters with both, alphanumeric and "special characters".

I think if the passphrase is meant to be uncrackable alone, then we
wouldn't need the big private key file, right?

Is my passphrase long enough? What do the trusted users think about this
topic?

Thanks in advance

Manuel