[arch-general] Arch Linux USB stick won't boot

steve at vwebr.net steve at vwebr.net
Thu Mar 21 21:56:28 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

I tried installing archlinux-2019.03.01-x86_64.iso onto my Intel Compute
Stick STCK1A8LFC, but got this at the very beginning when I tried
booting a USB stick created by Rufus.

https://imgur.com/a/nEjA248  <-- See picture at this link

I did not experience the lack of booting the USB stick with any other
distros I tried (about 6-7 others). They all booted fine and were
created in Rufus the same way.

BIOS setting is the same as others as well...UEFI shell disabled (that
is a must), USB boot enabled, and Secure Boot disabled. There is no
Legacy Boot/CSM option. Stuck on UEFI.

See picture attached for what happens when I try to boot from the USB
stick I created.

Particulars...

Hardware:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/86613/intel-compute-stick-stck1a8lfc.html

Screenshot of creation of Rufus USB stick (exact same method as others I
did which all booted fine):

https://imgur.com/a/AB11PSP  <-- See picture at this link

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Steve Sybesma