[arch-general] Arch Linux USB stick won't boot

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Mar 23 05:05:59 UTC 2019

On 03/22/2019 08:37 PM, steve at vwebr.net wrote:
> My apologies, but the instructions aren't clear at all. I don't know
> where in the instructions the event I'm seeing is taking place.
>
> I'm seeing a prompt but it's not obvious what to put there even from the
> instructions. I not completely sure what is going on there.

In the past there was a wonderful "Beginner's Guide" with detailed a detailed
install procedure with expanded explanations for each step. When the arch
installer went away, it was removed shortly thereafter. It would be worth
considering resurrecting the page.

The manual install is by far the way to go as it can be tailored to whatever
you need. The only downside is if you have not done one before, the existing
Installation guide is much too terse to be of much use for your first manual
install. Somewhere there is a happy medium between the Beginner's guide and
what we have as the Installation guide at present.

Good luck with your Arch install. It is by far the best Linux distribution
that you will ever install.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.