[arch-general] Arch Linux USB stick won't boot

Bennett Piater bennett at piater.name
Sat Mar 23 10:18:59 UTC 2019

On Saturday, March 23, 2019 6:05:59 AM CET David C. Rankin wrote:
> In the past there was a wonderful "Beginner's Guide" with detailed a
> detailed install procedure with expanded explanations for each step. When
> the arch installer went away, it was removed shortly thereafter. It would
> be worth considering resurrecting the page.
>
> The manual install is by far the way to go as it can be tailored to whatever
> you need. The only downside is if you have not done one before, the
> existing Installation guide is much too terse to be of much use for your
> first manual install. Somewhere there is a happy medium between the
> Beginner's guide and what we have as the Installation guide at present.
>
> Good luck with your Arch install. It is by far the best Linux distribution
> that you will ever install.

FWIW, I came to Arch after following the beginner's guide, alone, without
help.

I trashed 2 VM installs until I grasped everything, then transferred the
knowledge to my production hardware using the succinct install guide (not the
beginner's guide).

That thing brought me here, I would love to have it resurrected :)

Cheers,
Bennett