[arch-general] mutagen

frederik at ofb.net frederik at ofb.net
Tue Mar 26 01:36:32 UTC 2019

Hello Arch,

Does anyone know why all the executables in "mutagen" suddenly
developed a numeral "2" at the end of their names?

I would have preferred the names to stay the same for the sake of
backwards compatibility. I checked with "asp checkout
python2-mutagen", as I learned to do recently, and I saw that the
renaming seems to be due to the following lines in the PKGBUILD

  for script in {mid3{cp,iconv,v2},moggsplit,mutagen-{inspect,pony}}; do
    sed -e "s/${script}/${script}2/g" -i setup.py
    sed -e 's/python/&2/' -i "tools/${script}"
    mv -v "tools/${script}"{,2}
    mv -v "man/${script}"{,2}.1
  done

but there is no comment in the PKGBUILD, and I could not find any note
in the Git log explaining the addition of those lines...

Thanks,

Frederick