[arch-general] new packaging of the kernel/mkinitcpio/kmod

Geo Kozey geokozey at mailfence.com
Sat Nov 2 14:29:29 UTC 2019

In such cases using tip of git branch would help.

> So the jury is still out on whether dracut or mkinitcpio is more work. ;)

Making dracut work initially may need some work but after that it will just work.
There is also 3rd-party initramfs modules developer perspective where coding
something once which then will work on all distros (as dracut is supported in
fedora/rhel, ubuntu/debian, suse, etc.) makes life easier than having to support
each distro separately. Fragmentation is big issue as always.

Yours sincerely

G. K.