[arch-general] new packaging of the kernel/mkinitcpio/kmod

Genes Lists lists at sapience.com
Sun Nov 3 15:45:05 UTC 2019

On 10/31/19 2:30 PM, Giancarlo Razzolini via arch-general wrote:
> ...  Also, as I've mentioned, dracut should receive
> soon, hooks similar to those mkinitcpio did, with a few differences of
> course.

Since Giancarlo brought up dracut in May this year, I've been using this
successfully to boot custom built upstream kernels on about 8 different
systems, including servers running soft RAID. And it works very, very
well - thank you for driving this forward.

Giancarlo is there anything that may need changing to boot using dracut
going forward?