[arch-general] electron upgrade (7.1.1-1 -> 7.1.1-2) sort of broke functionality on several electron apps

Javier j.e.vasquez.v at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 21:26:57 UTC 2019

The 1st thing I noticed was that after the upgrade, the lectron apps no longer show up under the legacy tray, but instead on the more modern notification area (under LXQT).  The 2nd thing, was the tray icons not doing any action.  The 3rd thing, was that in order to use the electron apps, I had to call them with starting on tray, since the tray icons don't respond.  And finally I can't try to iconify on tray, given the tray icons don't respond...

Any one else experiencing the same?  Other than just reverting to the prior electron, is there known workarounds for these issues?  Has anyone faced them already, and dealt with them?

Just in case a few electron apps experiencing the same:

signal-desktop-bin
whatsapp-nativefier
slack-desktop

Thanks !