[arch-general] `base` group replaced by mandatory `base` package - manual intervention required

Genes Lists lists at sapience.com
Tue Oct 8 19:54:08 UTC 2019

May I offer a suggestion and you may already be doing thi; its what I do
to create Arch installs customized to my own needs.

Either:

a) Create a simple script with installs a list of packages you want.
   Can be as simple as a shell script with a list of commands like:
   pacman -S --needed linux linux-custom mdadm lvm2
   pacman -S --needed networkmanager
   pacman -S --needed vi
 etc

 Adjust pacman options to taste

or if you're a little more energetic and looking for a bit more fun:

(b) create one or more personal meta packages which you can then simply
pacman -U.

Every install you do, just copy the script or package file(s) to new
install and you get standard install just the way you want it.

I suspect many arch users do something like this anyway.

gene