[arch-general] `base` group replaced by mandatory `base` package - manual intervention required

mar77i at protonmail.ch mar77i at protonmail.ch
Wed Oct 9 10:15:24 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, October 9, 2019 12:03 PM, Mike Cloaked via arch-general <arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:

> Possibly intel-ucode would be very useful for many installs as well?

Except for people who need amd-ucode...

For a long time I was under the impression we relied on derivative distros to dumb down things like system maintenance and installation for "regular" users. The proposed "base-extra" group might be a marginally useful idea, but the effort seems like a shot in the dark. What problem are we solving, really?

cheers!
mar77i

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.